July 15, 2003 TRC General Meeting minutes
· Called to order at 1946.
Members present: Bill Jonesi, Casey Kobyluk, Pete Soper, Jeff Trimble, Cris Wendt, John Fabela, Darin McGrew, Michelle McGrew, Nick Stefanisko, Zak Stefanisko, Teresa Stefanisko, Nancy Hanna, Steve Watt
Agenda for current meeting: Approved
Minutes from last meeting: Approved
Jane & Pete did rather badly on the last rallye (5th of 5…)
The web improvement group has been meeting via email, and some people have volunteered for projects: Darin has What’s a Rallye, Teresa is expanding the school rallye critique.
· Former treasurer is now three months behind despite several reminders.
· Current financials:
· Beginning balance $639.50 (amended)
· July revenue $42
· $20 new member
· $25 from Paradox for mailing inclusion, less $3 for copying expense
· July expenses
· $111 Stamps for July mailing
· $135 Insurance for August
· Balance: $435.50
· Upcoming expenses (approximate) ~ $300
· Yearly insurance payment $300 ($8.45 per “active member”)
· Next revenue event is August 2
· Agree that the active member count is the highest member turnout at a single event.
· T&D checkpoint kits not being worked on without input from former treasurer
· Still awaiting word from Boardwalk about reimbursement policy. Communication slow due to vacation and restaurant closure for remodeling.
· New policy is in effect: $8.45 per active member and $135 per event.
· Asking for coverage clarity from Claudia Quinlivan (ESCA), esp. non-members participating in a member car, and damage to non-rallye participants.
· Email discussions on web site, mainly improvements on rallye guide and electronic registration capabilities
· PayPal update – registration process commenced for commerce account. Need to wait 2-3 days for confirmation of deposit. Fees are 2.9% plus $0.30 per transaction to receive $. We should be able to accept credit cards for payment as well. Merchant tools are available for adding buttons to our website for rallye registration, membership, maybe hats/shirts if/when we make them available. Tools also available for making shipping documents and tracking info.
· No report
Last Event(s) Report
· Surprisingly large turnout (28 cars)
· Generally well received. Some of the more complex things that were covered in the school really seemed to have helped.
Next Event(s) Report
· Aug 2 = Jeff, Italian Rob, not quite done, needs precheck next week. Abby & Glen for CP? Larry F. for precheck? Cris can precheck as last resort.
· Aug 23 = Lunafest booth.
· Nick, Teresa, and Cris can work booth. Cris to arrange schedule of workers.
· Bring little TV to run the BABR episode, and maybe some other car-related stuff.
· Bring reprints of the BABR transcript brochure.
· Par plaques @ booth with TRC logo and web site.
· Bring “interesting” cars (if we have room)?
· John to make T-shirts for all booth workers.
· Aug 23 = Lunacy
· Stu, Pete, and Bill to precheck.
· Need CP workers, awards.
· Aug 24 = Hill & Valley.
· Needs crew, maybe from Santa Rosa. Pete will be helping.
· 3 timing kits
· Finish @ Andretti Winery
· Awards? Maybe just wine or something.
· Sept = Dave G., Steve and Nancy to precheck.
· Oct = Teresa, Monster Mash
· Nov = Darin, Two Ringy-dingy, half written
· 7 Dec = Toy Rallye, done.
· FTC no longer carries insurance, so can’t sponsor. Golden Gate Lotus is OK.
· Jan ‘04 = Abby
· Feb ’04 = ? (Bess’ with separate chairperson, maybe?)
· Mar ’04 = Darin
· Apr ’04 = Stefaniskos “Clue”
· May ’04 = Cris
· Jun ’04 = Bess’
· 2/04, 7/04 and on…
· Proposal to set price on T&D from June brought back up. Prefer to price on a case-by-case basis rather than a listed price. General agreement that the flexibility is important, and also agreement that the pricing should be somewhat higher since the insurance cost is higher.
· There’ll be a T&D rallye school the afternoon of 8/2
· Gimmick school replay afternoon of 10/4. Discussion subgroup to form.
8/2 T&D Rallye school
8/2 Italian Rob
8/23 Lunacy CM rallye in Oakland
8/24 Hill & Valley rallye starting in Marin.
Wednesday, 20 August, 1930, at Round Table Pizza, 860 Old San Francisco Rd.
Adjourned at 2057